Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

16 Nov 2007

Out of hours

last couple of days I have been on duty 60. This leaves Bath at 1545 and should arrive in London at 1920. However, this timing puts us in every rush hour in every town along the way. Sunday was bad and I only just made in to Victoria within the 4 1/2 hours. Then I had to take my 45 min break which meant rather that than 2030 we did not leave until 2100. Passengers were a bit upset, but the law is the law. However little did they know but on this duty you can make a far bit of time up and we did get back to Bath on time.
Yesterday was different. Normal situation out of Bath and we were already 20mins late into Swindon. I had heard that there was at RTA at J8 but it had been cleared. The traffic was heavy as soon as we joined at J15 and by the time we got to J12 were 30mins down. Then we stopped. By the time we got to J8/9 it was 1910, so 50 mins of driving time left. Rang control to tell them the bad news and they said to ring when we got to the airport. Finally arrived at Heathrow at 1945!!! That was that, only 30mins to get to VCS and running times are around 40mins, on a good day. Managed to get the London passengers transferred to a London bound coach and parked up.
Due to leave Heathrow at 2115 so got on the stand at 2100 to be told my connecting passengers would not arrive until 2200!! 2215 arrived at the 501 arrived with my passengers. Not much I could do to make up time and we finally got to Bath at 0040 and home at 0110.
Today.... THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production