Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

28 Dec 2009

Christmas and lots of bus work.

Nice Christmas spent with family and trust yours was good as well. Lots of bus work over the last couple of weeks. Had a spare week, Park and Ride with split shifts.Don't mind these as most people have the correct money and are pleased to see you and some good vehicles to drive. The only incident was while doing some overtime or 'In between duty' Approaching a stop while in traffic I noticed a lady looking up and down the road as if waiting for someone to pick her up. She came over to me and asked 'do you stop here' I said yes as the traffic was still stopped. She went to pick up her bags and I loaded another passenger as the traffic was still stopped. About 10minutes latter and 100m latter I was stopped at traffic lights. Suddenly a man apeared at the front of the bus shouting I had not stopped at the stop!! It would appear he was connected with the lady who had obviously thought I would wait while she completed her shopping!! He and the lady then commenced a full scale assault on the bus, both verbal and physical. In situations like this I do nothing I try to ignore the person and without running them over continue to drive forward. Fortunately another driver saw what was happening and 'removed' the man from the road. What the lady should have done was after asking me if she 'could get on' was to do just that!! Once again passengers never cease to amaze me.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production