Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

28 May 2010

Officially a Bus driver

Been back at work for two days now and now finished with the coach work and back on 'stage carriage' Things going well.  I have done Bus work as part of my coach duties so I know most of the routes.The only thing is that since I have been off the fares have gone up, some of the routes have changed a little and some bus stops have moved. Didn't have too much problem driving apart from the accelerator on some buses need a far amount of pressure to push them, so good exercise. No problems or incidents yet but I am sure they will come.
The bike is now back on the road and been out for a short ride. The handlebars seemed a little out but that may just have been me so I will have another ride out at the weekend before I need it for work on Tuesday.
Had a Physiotherapy appointment today. They are very pleased with my progress and have given me some more exercises to do. This is to stretch my Achilles Tendon. This seems to be the cause of my 'down hill' problem. They were amazed at how well the wounds had healed and how little trouble I have had. However they did warn me that I could have swelling for another year, but we shall see.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production