Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

7 Aug 2011

End of New Wine

Well here I am, at home after another very successful New Wine. There were the usual 'niggles' but lessons were learnt, some put into practice straight away, some will have to the wait till next year. However once again, it is thanks to the many people who volunteer, that makes this event run so smoothly. As a Steward team leader it was one again a privilege to watch a group of people, most Christian, but some not, come together and gel as a team. They at times had to put up some unpleasant conditions and some not so Christian comments. But they carried out their duties with a smile and got the job done.
So once again my heartfelt thanks goes out to all those people who acted as Stewards this year. I hope you take away something from your experiences and that I will have the honour to meet you again.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production