Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

8 Jan 2012

Busy Day

It is my Mothers Birthday this week so we decided to go and see the family. As I get discounted rail travel we went by train. We caught the 0813 train from Bath all was going well until we were just outside Tylhurst. The train was slowing for Reading when a nice smell of 'brakes' drifted through the train. We came to a stop and a few moments of nothing and then the announcement that there was a 'technical problem with the train' about 20 minutes passed and it was then announced that an axle had become faulty and we would have to limp to Tylhurst station and change trains. This we did and in fact was very handy for us as the train went straight through to Slough. We were met by my Sister and spent a very pleasant day with the family including a very nice meal at the Fox and Pheasant.  Coming back was interesting as well. We came back much latter than planned so did not have the train times to hand. In the end to say it was tight was an understatement. We were OK from Slough to Reading as we got the fast train. However, when we arrived at Reading we asked the next train to Bath '2059 platform 7' we were on Platform 1 and the time was 2059! We just made it. We then had to get the bus at Bath. The train stopped at Didcot and we got that sinking feeling as the time went pass. Turned out it was early and 'waiting his time'. Arrived in Bath 2208 and a brisk walk meant we caught the 2215 bus and got home at 2300 The end of a very pleasant day.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production