Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

24 Sept 2014

All types of people

This week is a little better than last mainly because I haven't had to go through Keynsham with its seemingly non stop roadworks. I don't know if it is the councils intention to kill the town off but that seems to be the result. Anyway, back to the title. I have been keeping a mental note of all the different types of people I have had on the bus this week. here are some of them.

  • The lady who had no idea where she was
  • The gent in the wheelchair who was profoundly disabled.
  • The woman who despite me leaving from the correct bay at the correct time still shouted and chased me down the bus station for leaving from the wrong bay.
  • The rather drunk man who asked, nicely, if he could bring his can on the bus.
  • The rather sad man who spent the journey telling me how his life had fallen apart.
  • The school child who suddenly remembered she had forgotten her bag.
  • The deaf gent.
  • The gent who stormed off the bus after a poor lady had a coughing fit complaining about the germs.
I could go on but this is just a snap shot of the types of people I interacted with every day. they all need to be treated in a different manner. So the next time you get on a bus spaare a thought for the driver and think of the skills they need and use every day. And that is before they drive the bus.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production