- Never burn your bridges. You never know when you may need a friend or find yourself bumping into an ex boss.
- Never turn down a kind offer. You may not get another one
- If it seems too good to be true, IT IS
- No matter how bad you are feeling or how bleak your situation seems, you always find somebody in a worse situation. The reverse also applies!
- If you don't want it to rain, take a coat.
- The screwdriver you have is never the correct one.
- No matter how many nuts and bolts you have you never have one that fits.
- Never have any regrets. the decisions you make are the correct ones at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
- Prayer works.
- God never lets you down. Can seem a bit slow,but he works to his plan, not ours.
- Always be first at the bar. Its always the cheapest round.
I am a bus driver for First in Bath. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Harvey the dog and Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. I am a Christian and worship, when shifts allow at Welton Baptist These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.
6 Mar 2014
Sitting on the bus today I thought of all those 'Pearls of Wisdom' that people tell you and you find out from, sometimes bitter experience. Just for my own interest, here are some of mine. You may find it interesting.
21 Feb 2014
For once a holiday coincided with the bikes MOT expiring. I don't use that much as I am able to use the bus to get back and forth from work (for free). The front pads had an advisory last year so I set about replacing them. However, the pad pin was rusted in. I tried the usual easy way's, mole grips, oil etc but as I don't have a blow torch I decided to let the experts do it. So, I have just picked it up with it's no new MOT with no advisories. Just must get round to servicing it.
20 Feb 2014
Coming to the end of a rather successful weeks holiday. Lot of 'odd jobs' done and hopefully tomorrow the bike will have a new MOT. Have had one hiccup. That is that my old enemy, anxiety suddenly made it's self known. No idea where it came from but hopefully some appropriate prayer will send it on it's way. Another little 'gift' that my illness left behind. Anyway on to happy things and after looking at many weather site and getting rather jealous, I finally got round to sorting mine. It is rather basic at present but certainty looking much better. There a few little things that need sorting and eventually I want to expand it and make it look more professional, but for the time being it looks good. You can find by clicking the My Weather data link.