After my winging about people saying 'never seen that before' I have had a 'first time that has happened' moment. On the 13 route today and for the first time in 10 years, had a puncture. These are very rare and think I have only ever seen a handful. Anyway managed to get it to the depot and appears it had a foreign object in it.
I am a bus driver for First in Bath. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Harvey the dog and Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. I am a Christian and worship, when shifts allow at Welton Baptist These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.
6 Mar 2014
Sitting on the bus today I thought of all those 'Pearls of Wisdom' that people tell you and you find out from, sometimes bitter experience. Just for my own interest, here are some of mine. You may find it interesting.
- Never burn your bridges. You never know when you may need a friend or find yourself bumping into an ex boss.
- Never turn down a kind offer. You may not get another one
- If it seems too good to be true, IT IS
- No matter how bad you are feeling or how bleak your situation seems, you always find somebody in a worse situation. The reverse also applies!
- If you don't want it to rain, take a coat.
- The screwdriver you have is never the correct one.
- No matter how many nuts and bolts you have you never have one that fits.
- Never have any regrets. the decisions you make are the correct ones at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
- Prayer works.
- God never lets you down. Can seem a bit slow,but he works to his plan, not ours.
- Always be first at the bar. Its always the cheapest round.
21 Feb 2014
For once a holiday coincided with the bikes MOT expiring. I don't use that much as I am able to use the bus to get back and forth from work (for free). The front pads had an advisory last year so I set about replacing them. However, the pad pin was rusted in. I tried the usual easy way's, mole grips, oil etc but as I don't have a blow torch I decided to let the experts do it. So, I have just picked it up with it's no new MOT with no advisories. Just must get round to servicing it.