The data comes from a W-8681 weather station located on a pole at the end of the garden. It has a solar panel to keep the batteries charge which saves getting it down if they go flat. The following list shows the main features of the unit.
- Atomic Locked Day, Date & Time
- Indoor / Outdoor Temperature °F / °C + Max / Min
- Wind Speed & Direction
- Rain Gauge (Self-Emptying)
- Barometer with Trend date
- Weather Forecaster
- Historic Data Storage & Display
- Indoor Air Pressure & History
- Frequency 868MHz (from the remote sensors) This data is processed by Cumulus weather software which can be viewed on the laptop. The data is also sent to Weather Underground,,The Met Office and APRS/CWOP.The system is pretty reliable and gives an accurate report on the weather conditions at my location.