Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

10 Jan 2008

Are people really that stupid?

Back on form now the flu/cold is finally going. It still amazes me how stupid people are. I have been on the 'overnight' which involves Bath city bus work and a trip to London plus a stay overnight.
Yesterday was the the no 10, this goes from the bus station and up to Southdown. On the way back, with Bus Station on the front and side a hand goes out for me to stop. Yes, you guessed ' you going to the bus station?'
Journey to London was uneventful until we got to Earls Court. Traffic lights are green and had been for a while so logic says they will go red. I did slow up and sure enough up came the amber and then the red. It was one of those nice 'chauffeur stops'. The car beside me also slows up and goes straight through!! Nice double flash on the camera.
Next set of lights is the Earls Court stop so I was slowing anyway. Looked in the mirror and down the outside comes jack the lad in the flash BMW carving his way through the traffic. he obvious was not the brightest of people because behind him was another BMW, this one painted red and white and blue lights on the top. What really made me laugh was that he pulled into the bus stop in front of as I pulled up. I was very impressed when the police told him to move round the corner.

Today was a demonstration on how without proper use of the mirrors it is all too easy to have a serious accident. The weather was poor on the was back and there was a lot of large lorries on the M4. This means a far amount of overtaking. As I went past J8/9 I noticed a dark Focus in lane 2. Not much of a problem but he was sat about a coach length behind at the same speed as me. We approached J10 and I indicated to overtake two lorries mirror check showed the Focus still at a safe distance for me to move out. I moved out and mirror checked, the Focus was now trying to get between me and the car in lane three. This was really serious stuff as I nowhere to go. I kept my position and the focus went past between me and the car in lane three.
To that man he had 40 witnesses to his appalling driving and the next time he has a death wish, the ditch is a much better option.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production