Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

16 Feb 2010

Car needed

MOT for the car today. Failed! mainly on rust so on the hunt now for a new (to us) one. Typical though drive round on a normal day and all you seem to see is cars for sale at the side of the round for a few hundred pounds. But when you need one there aren't any. Hopefully something will turn up by the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have noticed less bangers too. Sign of the times. I reckon servicing, MOT, tax, Insurance etc can go beyond 500 a year. So buying a car with long mot and tax and doing absolutely nothing to it bar safety items of tyres and brakes is better than spending 4-5000 on a car is an option. If you get a year out of it you are even any more than a year and you are ahead. I know people that dont get the oil changed, that repair rather than service and to an extent they seem to get away with it. Anyway,good luck with the bargain hunting.

Current local weather

Uk Power production