Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

23 Dec 2013

Weather Station update

The weather station suffered a total loss of it's external sensors last week when the mountings holding it on the fence broke. I fortunately I  had some spares and it is now back on line again. Where we are located is fairly low down and that is reflected in the current wind speed records. I have also been struggling with data loss between the laptop and the base unit. I have now traced that to a fault in the USB extension lead. There is still the problem with signal loss with the outside transmitter. This seems to be a combination of interference, low battery level and distance between the base and external transmitter. With the current storm still battery us I hope the new fixings will be man enough to ensure the station is still active in the morning.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production