Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

6 Mar 2014

Pearls of Wisdom

Sitting on the bus today I thought of all those 'Pearls of Wisdom' that people tell you and you find out from, sometimes bitter experience. Just for my own interest, here are some of mine. You may find it interesting.
  • Never burn your bridges. You never know when you may need a friend or find yourself bumping into an ex boss.
  • Never turn down a kind offer. You may not get another one
  • If it seems too good to be true, IT IS
  • No matter how bad you are feeling or how bleak your situation seems, you always find somebody in a worse situation. The reverse also applies!
  • If you don't want it to rain, take a coat.
  • The screwdriver you have is never the correct one.
  • No matter how many nuts and bolts you have you never have one that fits.
  • Never have any regrets. the decisions you make are the correct ones at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
  • Prayer works.
  • God never lets you down. Can seem a bit slow,but he works to his plan, not ours.
  • Always be first at the bar. Its always the cheapest round.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production