Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

29 Aug 2018

Off Sick again

Find myself off sick again. This time with some serious rheumatic problems. This is one of many ills over the last few years. However, it seems I may now have the answer to all these problems. Following a change of habit I made a visit to the doctor. I was referred to the hospital and after some tests it was discovered I have Ulcerated Colitis. Apart from the obvious, this also affects the white blood cells which can attack the joints leading to extreme pain and stiffness. I struggled on with this for several weeks but the pain and inability to carry out basic things like putting on clothes and sleeping, finally saw me off work. The Doctor had been reluctant to put me on steroids due to it affecting hospital tests. However the situation got to the point where they were the only option. They have had an almost instant effect. Hopefully now I can talk to the doctor about getting back to work. I still have a visit to the hospital to find a long term solution. I have to say I am pleased that I have now found the reason I have had so many aliments over the last few years.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production