Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

17 Feb 2019

Bit of an update.

Haven't posted on here for a while. So, what have I been up to? On the health side I have been diagnosed with Ulcerated Colitis and Inflammatory Arthritis. The latter is the one that causes most problem. I am currently on steroids, which completely clears any symptoms. I wait to see what happens in a couple of weeks. I am lucky to be under the care of the 'min' one of the leading hospitals in rheumatic diseases.

On the radio front I recently purchased an FT991. This is my first radio purchase in about thirty years, so is a steep learning curve to get to grips with a modern transceiver. Itis, though great fun and I am enjoying FT8, a digital mode. Not everyone's cup of tea but is exciting to be able to see where in the world your signals are being received.

As you may know I was trying to obtain my advanced bike test. However, that had to take a back seat while I was getting the rheumatic problem under control. Hopefully with the weather improving I will get to ride for freewheelers this year.

So, there you have it. I will try and keep this up to date and post informations on various things. It may just help someone.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production