Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

18 Jul 2006

Pages from Yahoo

Entry for 15 July 2006
Well another day spent driving buses around Bath. I think most of the UK must have come today. There are coaches everywhere. So want can I moan about today?

Passengers. Why do they stand before the bus has stopped? Then complain they cannot stand!!

Crossings. Why has the green cross code gone? Stop! Look! Listen? Now it is walk!!! the fact a 20ton coach is three feet from the crossing doesn't matter. People seem to think vehicles HAVE to stop. They do when someone is on the crossing that does not mean walk out in front of them!!

Entry for 08 July 2006
Hi, driving on a Saturday is always bad news. All the weekend drivers come out. Here are some of the things that make my job of driving a coach less easy.
  • CLOGS (Centre Lane Owners Group) I am limited to 60mph and not allowed in the outside, lane 3. People sitting in the middle lane cause all sorts of problems.
  • WNULT (Will Not Use Lane Three) these people will not overtake if I am in the middle, lane 2. They sit right up close so I have trouble seeing them for miles. Why will they not use lane 3?
  • When I indicate to pull out to overtake some people, especially women see this as some signal to speed up or worse sit half down the coach. This is so dangerous as it means I can end up having to take avoiding action to avoid rear ending someone.
This is just my mutterings. I will try and add what goes on each day.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production