Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

19 Jan 2007

Wet and windy

Yesterday was wild. Morning was not too bad, all the warnings about strong winds and rain. Fairly windy over night but by the time started work did not seem too bad. Drive up was good did not notice the wind very much.
Had a break at Nine Elms, well things changed, sitting on the coach was like being on a bucking bronco and the crane at Vauxhall was swaying. A LOT. On the way back to Victoria Buckingham Palace Road was closed due to unsafe scaffolding. Left on time and by the time we got to Heathrow we had passed several fallen trees and various bits of damage to buildings. The real fun started when we got on the M4. It was difficult keeping th coach on the motorway let alone in the same lane. Anyway with abit of care and reduction in speed we made in safe back to Bath.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production