Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

6 Feb 2007

Early starts

Few days of early starts. Thought we were going to have a problem on the M4. Someone had hit the barriers between J1 & 2. Signs said long delays etc. Got prepared, and after all the hype arrived in London 20mins early!!!!
Was very cold and foggy start today. Washers froze solid and did not free up until Reading.

Still day off tomorrow so a few bottles tonight!!!

3 comments:

Anita said...

Seat belts on a bus? Just read one of your earlier posts about getting the passengers at wearing seat belts, something I have never seen here in USA on any of our buses.

I found your blog from Bloggers Homepage and I know I will be coming back to your blog more often, very interesting indeed.

Chris G4KVI said...

The coaches I drive are like your Greyhound buses (if they still run) local buses (in cities) do not have seat belts. But coaches going intercity have seat belts and they must be worn by law.

Anita said...

Yes we still have Greyhound buses here and as far as I know of as of two years ago they still didn't have any seat belts. It be nice if they did though,

I will be adding a link to my blog to your blog.

Current local weather

Uk Power production