Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

9 Feb 2007

Snow. What snow?

Well the weather people said we would have snow Thursday. alarm went off at 0500 15mins early so I would be ready. Had my boots, extra coffee, soup all ready to go and... NO SNOW!!!

Set off from home at about 0540 and it started to snow. By the time I got to Bath it was heavy with snow on the ground. Checked the coach over and left for the bus station. Was still snowing and very cold.

Set off along the A4 and it all went white VERY white and the thought of 'i do not think we are getting up this hill!!' Anyway after a bit of sliding we made it up and in to Chippenham for another pick up. Then up to the M4 and things got better. Road conditions better than I expected and not many cars on the road. In fact less than a Sunday morning. The rest of the journey was good max speed of 50mph to be safe and finally arrived in London 40mins early!!!

had a coach change so had to wait for the other driver to come in. Went over to Nine Elms, Battersea for lunch. Journey back was very good, light traffic and good road conditions.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production