Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

17 Feb 2007

A little blood

Had a bit of a problem yesterday. Passenger with luggage came to the back of the coach with their luggage. As always told them to mind their head on the lockers. next thing lots of blood they had run their head along the edge of the locker!!! Lucky for them we were still in Bath so took them in the office and called the First Aider. One look and the ambulance was called. Things got a bit stressed their family were all going to see Sound of Music in London. Any way I said I would not go until things were sorted. In the end after the ambulance look at them and confirmed they had not hit their head and were not concussed etc, they put butterfly stitches in the wound. After that we left about 20mins late but in the end arrived in London on time. The passenger was happy and even shook my hand.
With all the stick the NHS gets I would like it put on record how impressed I was with the ambulance crew. They were helpful caring and fully aware of the situation and put everyone at ease even had the passenger smiling. Well done to them.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production