Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

5 Nov 2007

A big thank you to the lady in the blue fiesta

I would like to thank the lady who was so helpful and courteous on the M4 yesterday.

As I and four other National Express coaches joined the M4 at Reading the traffic was flowing at about 50mph due to the roadworks. We all merged in nicely and then came up on slow (40mph) traffic. I indicated in good time, and checking my mirror and saw I had enough room to move to lane 2. Just as I started to move I mirror checked again and a blue Fiesta was accelerating fast behind me! so fast in fact that I had to take avoiding action. As they passed I noticed it was the usual young dumb blonde!!! This is normally only a passing annoyance and I wish them a pleasant journey!! This one I discovered was not only the dumb blonde who does not like the coach to get in front of them but was also the chairman of the local CLOG's She spent the time form J12 to J11 driving at 40mph!!
So I would like to thank that lady and hope that if she does a trick like again with a coach or lorry it has brake failure!!!!! problem is it will be the poor driver of the lorry who gets fined for driving too close!!!!
I am off now for a few days and have to pick up a rear axle for the Peogeot and start preparing for our house move.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production