Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

19 Feb 2009

Rules

Bit of a quiet few days. Passenger numbers are up but with half term the roads are quiet. It is CSQ (customer satisfaction) week. This involves handing out questionnaires that passengers are supposed to fill in so that NX knows what passengers think. This again puts pressure on the driver who has been told to hand out one to a passenger who has already been given three that day!!!
Still I do my best and explain the situation and most people are happy to fill one in, again.
On another subject, I have noticed over the last week the number of people who seem to have total disregard for the rules of the road. These seem to the ones with the bikes covering all the lights and numberplate, the mobile phone user, the front fog light brigade and the ones that seem never to have driven before. Anyway this has been highlighted locally by this article.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

CSQ's are a damned nuisance and from a statistical viewpoint are a bad footprint. Our manager has nagged for each driver to submit 55 completed CSQ's a week. Where do you put all those little blue pens?

Current local weather

Uk Power production