Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

3 Feb 2009

Snow

Well like most of you I battled through the snow on Monday. In fact I woke up at 0400 expecting to see loads of the stuff, and there wasn't any! Unfortunately Fiona has been unwell so I had use of the car, roads, apart from some frozen run off were clear and we set off on time. Some of the passengers were very worried about the situation and when they found out there were no buses they bottled and went home. The snow did not start until Membury services and continued getting worse. However we were still on time at J11 so was confident of arriving on time. It then started to snow, a lot. The traffic got slower and the road got whiter. Long and short is that we didn't get into Heathrow until 0905, that meant I only had 45 minutes driving time left, so terminated at Heathrow. Spent the rest of the morning in the rest room watching the world slowly coming to a standstill!!!
When I got home we had no snow but by 2000 there was 5inches of the stuff!! Today was 0341 so very slow into work as the roads were VERY icy. The journey however was fine, very light traffic and arrived in Victoria 10minutes early.

Heathrow. Note the lack of buses

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production