Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

27 Jan 2009

That was close

Couple of days off and the weather wasn't too bad. Nice to 'veg' out and get up when I wanted to!! Out and about on the bike yesterday got a bit, in fact a lot, of a scare. Coming out of Radstock there is a funny bend which I never seem to take well. Anyway half round this bend I came across a large chunk of wood.Before I could say anything we were airborne and heading for the kerb! Luckily I wasn't going that fast and after a lot of wobbling we arrived against the kerb. No harm done apart from a few strains, good job it wasn't wet or this could have been written from a hospital bed. Back to work tomorrow, first up 0341 start!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you manage on the bike so early in the morning? although you will have the road more to yourself the ice risk must be a worry.

Chris G4KVI said...

I have not been using the bike this week. Wife has been ill so no problems with using the car. The roads have been very bad with one death on the road outside.

Current local weather

Uk Power production