Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

18 Jan 2009

People

I am always amazed at some people who seem completly unaware of the their actions. last week I had a family who sat in the few front seats. It took three times to ask and then tell them to put their seatbelts on. I know it it is up to them to wear them and bot the drivers responsibility. However, if I am unfortunate to have a blow out etc and end up down a ditch I do not fancy a 15st piece of meat landing on me!! For the rest of the journey they sat and enjoyed the view. As we came into Bath I stopped at a roundabout and just caught out of the corner of my eye the gents yound lad sitting on his lap! To say I was not happy was an understatment, I told the passnger to put his child back in the child seat behind him and didn't he understand how dangerous it was? he said nothing and haned his child back to it's Mother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the mum and dad passengers were ignorant. i dont know what you can do about that aside from displaying pictures on the bus of mashed up unseatbelted people post crash. its a persistent fact of the world that within the herd there are many that are just plain stupid.

Stephen said...

The first rule of assertiveness is say it once. Job done and simply ignore those passengers, instructions were not to berate them into compliance. The risk of a 15 stone muppet launching into you is a risk of the job.

Anonymous said...

You should have braked really hard and thrown them out of their seats lol!!

Current local weather

Uk Power production