Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

11 Mar 2009

Holiday

On holiday at present, for two weeks!! We used to be able to 'sell' our holiday and lieu days, but not any more. So I am off until 23rd! So lots of jobs already done and our neighbours must think we are moving out given the large amount of rubbish bags today. It is good to finally get the loft boarded and lit, and in a state where I know what is up there. Also nice to not have to get up at 0300!!

1 comment:

Stephen said...

They have altered our holidays too, big time. This has annoyed all our drivers and was why I had to take 6 days off in February. We cannot carry any holidays over or have 2 weeks together between October and May. It is awful and there are no cost savings - it stinks.

Current local weather

Uk Power production