Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

24 Mar 2009

How much!

Had a trip to the doctors last week. Only for a check up as I cannot remember the last time I went (must be at least three years) Any way had the usual height and weight checks and was told I was three stone over weight! I was a little shocked and now have to go on Friday for a fasting blood test. I will then ask how I can loose this weight. I do not think I eat or drink too much but checking by Basal metabolic Rate I should be taking in less than 2000 calories. Bang goes the kebab.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

What do you take to work for your break? I suggest a 500g pot of yogurt running at 500 to 550 calories. They taste lovely, take no time to prepare and stay cool if you put them in the boot with your own bag.

Current local weather

Uk Power production