Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

20 May 2009

Terms and conditions (again)

For those of you who do not travel by National Express you will not be aware of Funfares. These are cheap tickets. They are available on certain services and from specific stops only. The problem comes when people try and use them to go to an airport. They think that as we stop there then they can get off. However these are not valid for travel to or from an airport. This is also very unfair on passengers who have followed the rules and paid the correct fare to travel to an airport. So if you travel with a Funfare note.
  • You can get off at an airport but the driver does not need to open the locker to get your luggage
  • If the coach is full it may well not stop at the airport. (you miss your flight)
  • You will proberly not travel at all as you will be told to buy another ticket.
The moral of the story is play the game, but remeber the rules and the driver plays as well.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Trouble is the LVCS staff tell the passenger to "see the driver, it is at his discretion" just to get them away from the information kiosk. Then the passenger lies and tells you that ALL the other drivers have allowed them to travel before. I then reply that we ALWAYS refuse mystery shopper passengers holding Funfare tickets because management try to catch us out.

Chris G4KVI said...

Oh so cynical!! passengers always tell the truth. Don't they?

Current local weather

Uk Power production