Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

5 Jul 2009

Back to Bath

Well that's it, we are back on the Bath books. So what does that mean? Well not 100% sure at the moment but essentially it means we are back to where we were before the transfer to Bristol. The coaches are now maintained at Bath and we come under the control of the Bath Traffic office. I am a little concerned that we do not have a 'direct' report who we can contact to get breakdown, delay or road closure advice from. I assume this will be sorted after the first 'incident' ! The next thing is that the bus worked has returned. This is on the 'Street shunt' and 'overnight' duties. With Bath being fully manned they are just listed as 'enquire' so we will have to wait and see. Will need have a refresher on the ticket machine and routes but I assume it will be like ridding a bike. Off now until Wednesday so going to cut the grass before the rain tomorrow.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production