Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

12 Jul 2009

Bus work

One of the things about being back in Bath is that bus work is now part of some duties. Friday saw me doing the 178 Bath to Midsomer Norton and then the 14 which goes Odd Down to Weston via the bus station. Did make a change and was interesting to see the attitude of drivers towards a bus driver against a National Express coach. There still seems to be a problem in that no one seems to be interested in us, leading to problems with the rota and drivers not been route trained. Still they know best!!

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production