Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

27 Jan 2010

Not Charging

Way home the other night the bike lights were getting dimmer and dimmer. Made it home Ok and stated to have a look in the morning. Found that there was only 10v on the battery and no increase when the bike was running. Took seat and tank off to get access to the wiring loom. Checked the charge off the magneto and that was fine but could not find any volts out of the rectifier. Conclusion was that it was dead and decided to order a new one. Middle of the night had one of those 'eureka' moments. In the morning stripped it down again and checked the volts through the loom. Came to a connector block and as I moved it the red wire fell off! Simply matter of soldering the wire back on to the pin. Tested and found a nice 14volts on the battery with the engine running. Job done and £23-17 saved!!

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production