Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

31 Jan 2010

Where are we going?

Off for a few days and enjoying the chance to have a few beers and spend some time in the shack. Waiting for the Police to come round. Friday night some little ...t thought it fun to take the windscreen wipers off all the cars. I am sure they will be filled with a sense of well being. Anyway had to buy a new set and today while out with Harvey found a least one of them. Still they had to be replaced soon anyway. For those that do not know the contract First has with National Express is up for renewal. Given the current situation with First and NX and cannot see it staying with First. There have been a couple of rumours and meetings. First we hear that First wants us to stay a in Bath as Bus Drivers then we hear ' you are coach drivers' so will be transferred to any new operator under TUPE rules. So at the moment I do not know what I will be doing in the future. I would prefer to stay with NX but also want to keep my First bus pass!! However, given the current rate that First are loosing routes it well not be worth much soon. The only thing is that I do not think I will be out of work.

1 comment:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Current local weather

Uk Power production