Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

22 Jul 2010

A very loud bang

Nice duties this week, trip to Bristol, up and down to Weston and a couple of trips to Whiteway. Yesterday I was stopped  just outside Bath. A lady boarded with a fantastic dog, I assumed it was a Husky but talking to the lady turns out it was another breed. As she went to sit down there was the loudest bang I have heard. I assumed that someone had run in the back of us as the front of bus dropped. After calming everyone down, and the dog, I went to investigate. We had not been hit and all the tyres where Ok, The bus was resting on the stop looking very sad. Contacted the depot and turns out it was the suspension air bag that had expired. So now at least I know what one sounds like when they go. Last day at work today and then off to new Wine.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

I understand your surprise at the loud bang. I was about to overtake a Tesco articulated lorry on the motorway last week. Without warning there was a very loud bang and loads of muck was coming up from the lorry's nearside trailer axles. One of the tires had simply blown. The noise shocked me but the lorry driver may have feared the worse. Nothing happened, he gently veered onto the hard shoulder and stopped.

Current local weather

Uk Power production