Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

17 Mar 2011

One year on

Today is the 17th March. This marks an important milestone for me. It is one year since I had my motorcycle accident which left me with a badly broken ankle. The last year has been a roller-coaster. This time last year I was told that I may not walk for six months and work for twelve. However I was back driving within three, maybe  the staff didn't wish to raise my hopes, or perhaps thought it would make me more determined to get well. Whichever it was the result was the same. So how is the ankle now? Not too bad but still aches in the morning and I still get days of pain, but these are minor when you consider I can now walk and drive without any problems. I now have the option of having the metal work removed. However, I think 'if it is not broken' rule applies perfectly here.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production