Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

9 Nov 2011

Finally got me

For those that don't me I suffer from Type 2 Diabetes. I have had this for a few years and only found out through an unconnected blood test. However, it has  never caused me any problems and I had pretty much forgotten about it. Until now that is. The last couple of weeks has seen me very tired, which I put down to work. Having to visit the loo a lot and not sleeping well. Fiona has had Type 2 for a long time so we have a blood sugar meter in the house. My level is usually around 7 but  it has been down to 4 and up to 12. So a trip to the doctor was arranged and a quick 'dip test' shown high levels of glucose. Now waiting for full blood test but it looks like I will be going down the road to medication.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production