Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

27 Dec 2011

Getting there

Two weeks on since I was taken to the RUH with Meningitis.Just the word is enough to fill people with dread, the doctors left me with no illusion how ill I had been and also how lucky I had been to have someone at home who was able to call the Doctor. Fiona ended up with two rapid response vehicles, one Ambulance, and an Air Ambulance outside the house. It was planned that I would be flown to Frenchay Hospital however I became very agitated so I went by road ambulance accompanied by the Doctor. I think Fiona was quite excited as she ended up in the front of the ambulance on full 'blues and two's' The couple of days in hospital are a bit of a blue and I understand I was quite aggressive. I was pumped full of Anti-biotic s and slowly began to feel better. I did find though that I had some problems with my speech and some problems with hand eye coordination skills, I still have these but they are improving. However I am still finding the tiredness a problem. Have been out on the bike today but think it may have been a step to far to soon.Sick note runs out next week but think I may need some more time, I also have to see the ENT department as the CT Scan showed a growth in my ear which they want to investigate. I hope my experience will help reduce some of the dread Meningitis leaves.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production