Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

12 Mar 2012

A Reminder?

Busy weekend with the Bath Half marathon yesterday. This is the first time I have worked during this event and it was very interesting to see the other side of the event. There was a change in road closure times which lead to a couple of interesting exchange of views with marshals. I was not driving during the race and was based in the Bus Station ensuring passengers found their bus. There were some very annoyed people so seemed unaware of the marathon. You do have to wonder how someone living in the city could have missed the signs which have been on  nearly every lamppost since January. As a result of all this I arrived home completely shattered. Woke up this morning feeling very ill, my first thoughts was the big 'M' making a return so a trip to the doctors. It seems that I had just got very tired and it was my brain and body reminding me how ill I had been. Very restful day and back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production