Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

9 Jun 2012

Well chuffed

As a driver you obviously have to remember a lot of routes. As a driver in Bath I have to know around 25 routes, some short city routes and some long 'country' routes. As a new driver this seems an impossible task. However. with the help of 'buddy' drivers and other drivers you soon pick them up. However, like any other job you find yourselves driving the same routes therefore there comes a time when you come across a route you have not driven for some time or only driven a few times. This happened to me today. I was scheduled to drive the 271/2712 these go out to Devices via Melksham. The last time I drove these was before I started on National Express so it must be over six years ago so you can imagine I was a little apprehensive about it. Anyway I asked a few drivers and also used Google maps to 'drive' the route and much to my surprise drove it tonight without any problems and even ran on time.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production