Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

20 Nov 2012

Bit of a result

Due to a bad Christmas present selection a couple of years ago I ended up on the Three mobile phone network. I had no problems with it and it enables me to listen to the radio and run APRS anywhere I am. The only problem I had with it was using the phone in the house. So when the contract came to it's end I rang them up with a view to go back to O2. I got the usual thing about beating any deal and didn't listen much until I mention the in home problem. the Indian voice said 'we can fix that' Well I listen a bit more and cut a long story short I now have a new phone Samsung Galaxy Pocket which is much better than the reviews. And, Home Signal This uses VOIP technology to give 100% signal throughout the house. So I am most impressed and I got a cheaper deal!
Our TV was also on the way out and I put a not on Facebook to see if I could get it repaired. I had a couple of replies and ended up with a rather nice replacement which had been heading for the tip!

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production