Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

18 May 2014

Just for fun

Had a rather pleasant day out on the bike with work colleagues. We have been talking about having a ride out for ages and given the weather it was decided to go today I have never been on a ride out and never been on the bike just for fun so I was just a little bit excited!  Anyway we started off at the works depot and headed out to Cheddar.  It is a  very long time since I have been here, but it was a great ride with some nice roads and spectacular sights as we went through the gorge. We took advantage of stooping off and enjoying an ice cream and enjoying the sunshine.We then set off for Weston-Super-Mare    another nice ride and very glad we were on bikes as the traffic into Weston was very heavy. Weston has a dedicated  bike park on the seafront and we parked up there. One of  our Polish colleagues had arranged a table at a Polish bar in town and we made our way up there. I wish I had known as the food was excellent, but a Sunday lunch was waiting at home! So an excellent day out and looking forward to the next. Below is a track of the ride.




 

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production