Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

25 Sept 2016

Brake pad change

Finally got round to looking at the CBF600 brake pads. Turns out that changing these is a very straightforward  job. Unlike some bikes the CBF has a 8mm screw in pad pin. This means that all is needed is to unbolt it and remove the old pads. The pad wear was surprisingly even over the front and rear and in fact they were not as low as I had expected. However given that winter is coming and I had the new pads I decided to replace them now. As I had removed some brake fluid to accommodate the new pads I bled them as well. Quick test ride showed things to be OK, will do a longer ride out when the showers have eased. Next job is an oil change at 16000 miles.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production