Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

7 Sept 2016

Wells transfer

If you remember I worked for a few weeks at the Wells depot. I enjoyed it so much I wanted to stay but there were no vacancies at that time. However, things change and a chance conversation has resulted in me transferring. This has come at a great time as the depot has now taken on the work of the extended Mendip Explorer network. These are some great routes around the Mendips and taking in some breath taking scenery and making for some very enjoyable driving.  I also have a fantastic commute (maybe not in the winter) and a generally more peaceful life.

Two vehicles in the striking new livery.


No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production