Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

15 Mar 2017

Action Cam

Since I got a bike I have always wanted to get a helmet cam. I bought a cheap one and never got it to work correctly or found anywhere to fit it. Last Christmas I found one on Ebay which was a Go-Pro clone. It had very good reviews so my Wife said she would buy it for me.


I was very impressed with it and took it out on a couple of rides but had problems with it not playing back the video's or saying they were corrupted. I did some digging and discovered the so called fast SD cards I had bought were not fast at all. few weeks ago Argos had a sale and I picked up a Scan Disk Ultra 32GB card. This has transformed the camera. It now records and plays back. Some of the footage is great but very long so can take time to upload. The software also allows snapshots to be taken. I have shared one on my Facebook page. With the better weather I hope to upload some of my rides through some of the most spectacular countryside.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production