Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

28 Mar 2018

Have I missed someting?

All over the news today are reports on plans to introduce a deposit scheme on plastic bottles. I have a better idea. You buy a drink in a plastic bottle and when you've used it place it in a container. Once a week you place said container outside your house and if you're lucky a lorry comes along and takes your bottle to a recycling centre.
OK, all joking apart I can see several things wrong with this.

  •  Can you actually remember where you bought the bottle from? 
  • Will you have to prove you bought it there?
  • What if that is several hundred miles from your home?
  • I am sure there must be some H & S regulation about handling used bottles
  • I can see the kids and adults running up and down the road on recycling day, collecting all the plastic bottles and taking them down to their local Tesco!!
 So. The question is. What point have I missed??

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production