Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

12 Jul 2007

Lorries Overtaking

Driving on the motorway today I came across two lorries overtaking, in the end they took nearly 10miles to pass. Why is it not possible for the slower lorry to ease off a bit and allow the overtake to be completed rather than have miles of traffic behind?

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Pride, the LGV driver in lane one does not want the other driver to pass and/or have to look at his tail board for a long time. The LGV driver in lane two is stupid in trying to overtake, he knows that both lorries are speed limited to 90kph. His pride also gets in the way.

When two lorry drivers are behaving like this I stay in lane one in case things turn nasty.

I wish the Police would take action over this bad driving and pull the lane two hoggers.

You and I have to set an example, I do not attempt to overtake another coach on the motorway. If another coach hoggs the second lane then I go off-throttle and let him pass. If the other guy is in a hurry then I want him well in front of me.

natural yogurt

Current local weather

Uk Power production