Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

24 Aug 2007

Mobile Phones on coaches

last few days has been fairly uneventful, everything going well and on time. Only problem is that I have been on earlies.
The thing I want to comment on today is passengers using mobile phones on board. I have no problem with this but I usually mention in it in my safety brief asking passengers to keep mp3 player volumes and mobile phone conversation to a reasonable level. However today the definition of reasonable was pushed a bit, well a lot!! I am not saying she was loud but by the time we got to Swindon the whole coach knew were she had been on holiday and the fact she did want to drive a train. I did try to ask them to keep the volume down but the traffic was such I did not have an opportunity. So if you are on a coach please remember the other people around you, they cannot walk away, so keep conversation to a minimum and then try and not shout at the phone!!!!
Given the work I do and people I meet I am seriously thinking of writing a book using some of these characters.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production