Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

16 Aug 2007

Mrs (I can not park) & Mr angry

Well been back at work for a few days and the usual mix of city bus and coach work. However today I seem to have had my share of problems. I did Bristol for a bit extra. On the way back rounded a corner to be faced with a car parked at least 1 foot from the kerb. The lady passenger smiled at me and after indication from me and a blast on the horn she moved in to the driver seat. She then moved the car forward toward me thereby causing us both to be jammed!! A gentleman(not so gentle) came out and seeing the situation immediately assumed I had cut the corner and blocked the lady!!!
I do not think he used any word that I could print here. He then moved the car to the position I had indicated the lady should have moved to in the first place!! he continued his torrent of abused. Anyway the journey continued, and apart from having to pass various stops because I was full. Without incident. As the passengers were leaving a passenger handed me his details and offered to be a witness to the fact that the abuse given to me was completely uncalled for.
I then jumped on to the 403 coach and went to Heathrow to pick our nephew up. Nice to be a passenger for once.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production