Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

11 Oct 2007

Couldn't last

Last three days have been on Frome back. Nice run, plenty of time and not normally much traffic.
Yesterday it all went wrong. Just got to Earls court when the low water light came on. Not a problem check it when we get to Victoria. As we got to Cromwell Road the temp went up, and up. Maybe it is not just low water. Stopped at the lights by the Natural History Museum and a great cloud of steam passed me!! Maybe this would be time to stop. Pulled up and contacted the office. Only had a few passengers, some were staying in the local area so walked to their hotel, the others waited for a passing 412 to pick them up.
breakdown came and had a look and turned out to be a split water pipe. Due to it's location and kerb side repair was not possible so had to wait for recovery.
Had to wait ages for the truck to take me to Victoria. But once we got to Victoria the repair was made and we were off home without passengers. Nice drive back, radio on etc.. Finally arrived back in Bath at 0030.
Two day's off now and Park and ride overtime Saturday.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production