Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

13 Dec 2007

Back and running

Well and VERY busy couple of weeks, moving. I have never been so tired so glad it is all done. Broadband is back on. Gave up on Talk Talk, who are still sending letters to the old address and do not seem to have realised I have moved. If you thinking of moving be very careful who you use for your phone etc. You may get a shock when you come to move. Any way I have gone with Sky. So far very impressed router was delivered, wireless. Connected on the day they said and the speed is nearly up to the 2MB I am paying for.
Not to much to report on work front, did work some of my holiday so I nice wage this week. yesterday was a bit of a mare, just about to leave bath when the Oil warning light came on. Off went the engine and a 45 minute wait for breakdown. It was a stuck sensor in the end but I did not want to risk it. Had a passenger going to China who was getting very upset about the delay. When I quizzed her, the flight was a 1100. I am not due at Heathrow until 0930 and she had to get to T3. We finally got to the airport at 1045 so I wonder if she got it. We always say allow an hour before check in to arrive at the airport and I would always prefer to be at the airport then stressing on a bus.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Shame you gave up on Talk Talk although their lack of customer service is legendary! If you require any other information press 2 now! However, you get what you pay for with all things and I am happy with my internet experience from Talk Talk one year on from our switch over to them.

Chris G4KVI said...

Hi, yes I am sorry to leave talk talk. My Father has just got his to work and it goes like the wind. the problem I have is the lack of portability. As we live in a rented house if we move in 12 months time everything needs to be portable and at present many alternative Telecom providers do not seem to offer that service.

Current local weather

Uk Power production