Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

28 Dec 2007

An embarrassing situation

Bit of a quite time over Christmas came down with a cold and felt a bit of a wet drip. had to start early day after Boxing Day, so despite visitors, I was in bed at 1830!! Alarm call at 0320 and still feeling a bit coldly headed off for work. Took three coaches until one good one could be dug out so a good start. Full coach and left Bath about 10 mins late. Good run up and into Victoria on time. Did the usual and got my head down for an hours kip. Awoke at 0910 to get ready. Only made it as far the front seats when things did not seem that good, in fact the next thing I remember is waking up on the floor!!! Hit the redial on the phone and got my boss, she told me to get to the office and get a first aider. I was not sure really where I was but arrived at office completely soaked in sweat. I did not even have to ask, a first aider was called and it was ascertained that I seemed to be suffering from the 'flu' type virus which seems to be doing the rounds. Very, very unpleasant, but not life threatening ( at least not for me) In the mean time there was still a service to run.
This is where my hat goes off to the back ground staff. They not only looked after me but had to arrange for the passengers at Victoria to get to Heathrow to pick up a coach to Swindon and Bath. My coach was stuck on the bay and was supposed to be the 1345 from Bath. I was in no condition to worry but everything was sorted and a place was found on a coach to get me home.
I did not work today and are not back until the 2nd so hopefully will be 100% by then.
Maybe I should have seen it coming, even the dog tried to stop me getting out of the house!

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production