Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

25 Dec 2007

Merry Christmas and catch up

A very Merry Christmas to you. I hope Santa brought all that was on your list, (you did send a list??)
Thought I would take some time to bring things up to date and get make to more regular posts.

  • Sky broadband is going great now, running at about 4MB so not bad.
  • It has been very busy at work, hugh amount of passengers and even after three years people still cease to amaze me. Here are some of the top ones.
  1. Booking a flight to China (or other non EU destination) and only allowing 2 hours to get from Bath to check in. And getting in a blind panic when the coach breaks down or gets stuck in traffic.
  2. As above but not even booking the coach ticket and then complaining the coach is full.
  3. Booking for the wrong day and saying it must be my fault that the coach is full!! I must say this is easy to do so YOU MUST CHECK YOUR TICKET!!!
  4. Not knowing what terminal the flight goes from.

However for all the above most passengers are great like a bit of a laugh and will thank you for providing a comfortable and safe journey.
I am off until the 28th. I am on the 0445 from Bath!! I have a cold so a bit grumpy at the moment, but what's new???

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production