Hello and welcome to my Blog, my name is Chris, a bus driver for First Mendip based in Wells, Somerset. I am Chair and H&S rep for the depot branch of Unite the Union. Married to Fiona, we live in Midsomer Norton near Bath, with Boots the cat. My main hobby is Amateur Radio and I hold the call sign G4KVI. I am the repeater keeper for GB3UB and MB7UB. I have a fascination for the weather and all things to do with nature and science. As a Christian I worship, when shifts allow at St. Nicholas Church in Radstock. These are my observations on my life, both at work and at home.

13 Feb 2008

I Don't believe It

Been a very good few days. had early starts and the overnight with the city bus work. But with the weather being so good it really has not been a struggle. However this week passengers have really pushed the boat out.
Had a group of under 20's, not a problem but not sure what was going on in the toilet!! However, I was 20 once!! I did have to have a word as it is the law for everyone to wear a seatbelt. So a girl on the lap really does not count!!
Arriving at Heathrow I only had one passenger getting off. However three others got off. I told them that this was not Victoria. 'That's fine, we know' Loaded a few passengers and reversed off the bay and then a voice 'my friends are not back yet' where have they gone? 'to the toilet'. you are having a laugh, why did they not say? By this time we are out of the bus station and heading for the tunnel. 'can you let me out here?' Eh, next stop Victoria. I did ring control to let them know.
The moral is Tell the driver!!!
Tomorrow is Frome up with a diversion in Newbury so will try and not get lost.

No comments:

Current local weather

Uk Power production